A Fabulous Guide!
Technology dealing makes small nations (and saves large nations) tons of money. Technology is more expensive the more of it you have, so large countries with thousands of levels of tech can save their bacon by sending a tech seller (you!) money in exchange for tech. The standard deal is three million dollars for one hundred tech, which yields a profit of roughly $1.4 million for the tech seller. Not bad!
- Get money. Receive $6,000,000 from interested buyer.
- Buy tech. Purchase up to 10 level of technology immediately. You should never have more than 100 tech on your nation. Since tech prices increase with the more tech you have, you should try to never go past the 100 tech mark.
- Wait ten days. Everyday that you log into your nation you should check your aid screen to see if any of your deals are ready for a shipment or renewal. Checking this regularly will help you remain on time.
- Send tech. After ten days your aid slot with your buyer will expire. This means you are now able to send 50 tech back to your buyer. In the "aid reason" be sure to put "100/200" or something analogous to this. This will help us avoid any of those awkward disputes about how much tech is owed.
- Buy more tech. Rebuy up to 100 tech immediately. Again, be careful to not go over 100 tech so as to not hurt your profit margin.
- Wait ten days and then send again. After ten more days your slot with your buyer will again expire. You should again send 100 tech with "200/200" as part of the reason for the foreign aid. Your deal is now completed!
- Renew your deal. After this aid offer expires you should get another offer from the same buyer. Buyers don't like to look for new sellers, so they will try to renew their deals when they have found responsible sellers. If the buyer forgets to do this, don't be afraid to send them a message and they will be happy to renew the deal.
- Stay on time! Buyers will get frustrated with sellers who ship late and they will probably take their business somewhere else if you become habitual. While one or two days late every now and then won't hurt you, do not make it a regular occurance.
- Record who you owe tech to in your nation's bio. This makes it very easy to keep track of your tech shipments.
- Manage your money! While it is rare, some foolish sellers have actually mismanaged their funds so much that they run out of cash and have to wait to complete a deal. Do not be that guy.
Updated 29OCT14 - Unkajo